Thursday, May 13, 2010

(I want answers from users young and old on this one) What is with all these teenagers...?

That are sneaking a round behind their parents backs. I mean I see so many questions from teens asking questions about things that they should be asking their parents. Or asking about how to keep stuff from their parents.


(serious question) do kids see that kids on tv keep stuff from their parent, so they decide, hey that's what kids are supposed to do?








why aren't they talking to their parents?


teens: why aren't you talking to your parents?


and why are they trying so hard to keep things from them?


kids: same question?(I want answers from users young and old on this one) What is with all these teenagers...?
Now not all teenagers are like this. I talk to my mom all the time about the things going on in my life. I don't tell her every little detail, but I do tell her a great deal. I have nothing to hide from her, and if I did she would know it immediately.





I think one of the reasons teenagers don't talk to their parents anymore is because their parents aren't around. In our world today people are constantly working, and if they are not at work, they are cooking, cleaning, taking care of younger siblings, or resting from all the work they did that day. I know in my own life there are days when my parents come home from work and want to talk to my siblings and myself, but are too tired from work. If a teen's parents work constantly and they have no one talk too, when their parents come around they aren't going to turn to them for their problems.





Also trust plays a huge issue in a relationship. If a teen thinks there parent is going to blow what they need to talk about out of preportion they are not going to talk about it. As someone already said, there are some parents that if a kid even starts with a ';Hey Mom, I'm having this discharge,'; they automatically think their kid is having sex. Sometimes as a parent you actually have to listen to the entire story. There are times I would like my mom to hear my entire story, from start to finish, before she jumps in with her opinion.





I don't think media is to blame for kids acting the way they do. As a kid, I knew what was right from wrong, and I never felt the need to act like the bad, rebellious kids I saw on the television. I really think that there are kids who rebel out because they don't get enough attention from their parents. Just because someone is 15, 16, or 17 doesn't mean they don't want their parents to show them encouragment, love, and pride. I love when my parents talk about the good things I've done to their friends. It makes me feel good, and it makes my 'rents feel good.





Parents today need to find time to actually talk to their kids about things and we might find things would be a bit different. When they do they can't be overbearing or judgemental. I shut my mom out all the time if she tries to push me towards an answer or judges me for something I've done. Adults don't want to be judged, neither do teens. Everyone makes stupid mistakes sometimes. The teenage years are filled with them :)(I want answers from users young and old on this one) What is with all these teenagers...?
Well I've talked to alot of my friends in my old high school. It seems the more forceful and controlling the parents are the more likely the teen is to rebel. I think it comes alot from piers and other children there in contact with that makes them keep things from their parents. Also if a parent over reacts and gets angry at the kid the kid isn't going to want to tell them something they know is going to get them in trouble.





So to answer your question simply they aren't talking to their parents because they don't want to get in trouble and its easier to lie, and they are working so hard to keep them from them because they want to do what they want to do.
I hate when people think it's TV's fault that kids are the way they are. It's not the best influence, but teens have minds of their own. They don't need to see something on TV to do it.


Here are the reasons I think some teens keep stuff from their parents:


They think their parents won't understand,


They think their parents won't let them engage in whatever behavior they are hiding, so they don't tell them


They think it's nerdy, immature, etc. to talk to their parents.


Other teens tell them not to tell their parents.


And not all teens sneak around. A lot of them do talk to their parents, but the media only seems to focus on teens who do bad things, thus creating a stereotype.


I'm 13, and I talk to my parents.


Good luck!!
I'm a teen girl...I keep things from my parents and family cause that's what I want to do, not cause I was something on television. I have my own mind and can make me own chooses. The main reason I keep things from them is cause I am doing things I know I shouldn't and I will get into trouble if they find out. Like cigars, I have stole some and gave them to a friend. I did this cause I knew she was going through a VERY hard time and needed something (no smoking isn't the answer but now that the hard times are gone, she has stopped). I also can get my hands on pot, but I don't want it.


What I am tiring to say is I do things cause I want to and stop when I know I need to!
I don't talk to my parents I don't feel comfortable enough to tell them things I need help with.I don't always come to this site for my problems though if it's something serious I ask my friends.otherwise it keeps to myself.


like I said I don't trust my parents and I don't feel comfortable enough to talk to them about stuff
I talk to my mom about lot's of things... just not everything. It's easier to speak with somebody we don't know about certain topics. Especially if you think your parent will blow it out of proportion.





Ex;





Young girl-Hey, mom, I have this weird white discharg--





Mom-YOU'RE HAVING SEX AREN'T YOU.








Lmao, I see questions about disharge and whatnot all the time so I just had to pick that one...








And... It's not much of a bad thing. People on the internet answer differently and sometimes that's good. It's like sending your kid off to a shrink except they don't know about it.
Sadly, it has been getting worse and worse ever since the baby boom. Now people are too busy chasing the almighty buck to have time and energy to teach and supervise their children. It takes work to raise a child and they don't want to do it.





The tv is the babysitter, theyre rushed off to some stranger at daycare practically straight from the hospital. No one is there to teach and demand self-respect.





Kids think they are grown at 11, and parents let them run around at that age with eyeliner and booty shorts that say ';Juicy'; and wonder why their darling little girl is knocked up at 14, but can't take care of herself till well past 30, if ever.





Apathy and ignorance. That's the reason.
i don't neccersaly keep stuff from my mom, i just don't talk to her about it. She blows everything up into this huge conversation when i just want a simple answer.





Now i do keep stuff from my dad and step mom out of fear. Growing up i wasent allowed to cry, ever, or i would get spanked, and spanked again if i kept crying. So i do hide alot of stuff from my dad and step mom cause they blow up out of anger.
I don't always try to sneak around my parents or whatever, but there are some times when there's something I just don't want them to know.





Something that I think adults never, or rarely realize is how much power they actually have over us. We do things behind their backs because we know we'll get in a ton of crap for it.





We're just teenagers. Like you didn't act the same way.
Well I do it because my parents are very very strict and narrow minded. I would probably be thrown out of the house for example if I told them that I did not believe in God(which I don't.) If I asked a question about sex they wouldn't tell me first of all, second they would assume that I am having sex. My parents and I have fundamental disagreements as far as liberal and conservative issues go so I find it much easier to talk to other people about it and hide from them. What they don't know that I know can't hurt them.
I don't talk to my parents because i don't feel like i can trust them


anybody who will happily snoop through my rubbish doesn't deserve to be that involved in my life.


and as for keeping things from them, there are certain things that my mum just doesn't need to know.


personal questions are embarrassing to ask, and some may also cause tension between myself and my mother.


Also, with my dad...i just don't like him.


Usually when i go behind my parents back its because i want to have fun without them knowing because they will say no. i know this is stupid but i don't really care.
ok I am 16, and I know the answer. We know what our parents would and wouldn't like for us to do, and we like to do them, so we do, we just don't tell our parents because we could get in trouble. That is really the last thing we won't so we get people to help us keep things from them. Also I guess we kinda like to be rebellious. (Is that a real word?)
My parents are really hard to talk to.. And not very open-minded.


They think%26amp;believe what they want, and there's no changing that.


And they don't let me do very much.. I need space to grow up. =/


So sometimes I get frustrated with not being able to do much, and just go out and do it anyway; keeping it from my parents of course.
im 15 and ive gone behind my mums back alot, and ive got myself in a right mess atm! but its just that they go on and on at you and become all over protective about it, and things you tell them they shout at you or ground you for.. so you just keep it from them so you dont get in trouble. :)
Well im a teenager!


And i dont tell my mum thinks becuase basically my life has nothing to do with her.





And she might stop me doing things that i feel like i have to do so sometimes you have to do things without there permission





But its my life not theres.


And no one tells me how to run it!





Like my opnion or not i doe care cuz its MY opionon not yours!
They're too stubborn. I don't talk to them becuase they won't understand, and they always expect me to be a little clone of them. If I do something wrong all of a sudden it's ';WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE IW OULDVENEVER DONE THAT or WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE I KNEW THT!'; %26amp; beucase they blow up out of anger.
i don't think that tv/movies influence us teens as much as older people would like to think.





i talk to my parents... not all teens hate their parents.


everybody has secrets... everybody has things that they like to keep to themselves... teens included.
It's not that I don't talk to my parents.


I do.


They just blow up and make everything seem more serious that it is.


So most things I just dont talk about to tem to avoid that.
I talk to my mom or my sister about everything.


People are too scared to because they're afraid someone will get mad at them, but if you're having sex or something your parents will find out eventually.





Ha.
Parents don't understand. It's like they are brainwashed from remembering what it is like being a teenager.


xoxo Jeana
well, i rhink it comes down to many kids being bored, because many kids are home from school today
I'm not a parent, but I was a teenager. I know that it was really hard to talk to my parents. They're always so busy and under a lot of stress and sometimes I was afraid to bring things up because I thought I might get in trouble.





I do blame the media to some extent, but the largest fault rests on the family itself. They can only do the best they can do, so I don't mean to insult anyone.





Parents should be more understanding and open. Just because your child has made a mistake, point out that it was a mistake and don't make the punishment so severe that you're child is afraid to have heart felt conversations with you if it happens again in the future. Trust me, they want to talk to you, but parents make it hard...





Children should understand that parents aren't out there to get them. They want to be there to help them grow up and be productive adults in the future. Punishment is only used to prevent you from making the same mistake twice because hopefully you'll remember the consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment