Sunday, May 9, 2010

Should teenagers be allowed to have cell phones at school?

What do you think? Im writing a paper on it... negative or postive opinions plz (plz give me your permission to use your statement or ask me not to)Should teenagers be allowed to have cell phones at school?
I really do think that students should be allowed to use cellphones during school hours, except in class of course. I think they should be able to use cellphones because some students get picked up by parents or they have little sister or brothers in other schools that they have to pick up. They might need it to contact them or in case of an emergency. overall i strongly believe that they should be allowed to have cellphones at schools. and I am not just saying it because i have a cell phone because i dont.Should teenagers be allowed to have cell phones at school?
Absolutely not. School is a place for learning and cell phones disrupt that. Also, nothing is more annoying than a cell phone going off when it is not supposed to which is likely to happen. Finally, if you allow cell phones lets say only during lunch or passing periods. It is a slippery slope. That means that when you allow that whats to say you can't allow them while a teacher is teaching. Cell phones and school should not be mixed regardless of the situation





You can use this
i think students shouldn't be allowed to have their mobile phones during lesson time as it would disrupt their education and the students wont learn much because most of them will be on their phones all the time. but they should be allowed during lunchtimes and break times as they are not in lessons and it will not affect their education in any way and it is the students break at lunchtime in school.
these teenagers are like the flower who if come into the effect of a slight wind may be damaged....so these cell phones act as these winds expecially when these are very expensive therefore these cell phones must be avoided so that our teenagers who are the leaders of tomarrow, may develop in such a way that may be beneficial for themselves and also for the country for which they may work.......
When I was at school most of the students who had cellphones had them to contact parents or workplaces. The only time I got a call during school hours was my boss asking if I could pick up a shift. (lol I was such a teacher's pet - it rang in the middle of class and I went out to answer it, came back and the teacher didn't say a thing)





However these days I see kids as young as 12 walking down the street talking with friends on expensive phones. I don't see why a 12 year old needs a cellphone like that.





They are useful if you need to call your parents in an emergency, so I wouldn't ban them from a school altogether, but I don't think it would be unreasonable to say that they _must_ be turned off during school hours.
I'd say no because some students would abuse the right so now the right is taken away for everyone.


The thing is however, mobile phones aren't allowed in my school (during class) there is nothing official - it's just if you are caught with a mobile by a teacher it will be confiscated nd have to be collected by your parents.





If it effects your education in any way then it's abig no no. Lots of people bring the ohones to school is well as a status symbol if you like but also to be in contact with home in an emergency


Sure! You can use my opinion!





Hope I helped! x
Oh, I wish!


The problem is that too many teens will be too irresponsible with them -- receiving irrelevant calls during class, etc.





A generation ago, the ';in'; thing was to have a pager. Those were quickly banned from schools because too many students were using them to arrange drug deals.
I don't think students should be allowed to use or have cell phones in school. I think it is alright to have it during after school activities though.





yea u can use this
every1 shud b allowed 1 in skool
  • highlight
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment