Thursday, May 13, 2010

What are some things that teenagers can do to help themselves cope with depression? (not medication)?

i'm 13 and i got depressed almost a year ago, and i kind thought i was getting better, and so i stopped seeing my therapist, and i never took medication, but now i'm feeling kinda sad and confused, but i don't wanna go back to therapy, so what are some things i can do to help myself?What are some things that teenagers can do to help themselves cope with depression? (not medication)?
I was depressed for a while, but I just started to focus 100% on the positive.


Excersise, and learn to love your body no matter what size it is. Be proud of what you got and don't compare yourself to anyone. Don't bash your body when all your friends are standing around going 'I'm fat, I have huge hips, blahblahblah.' Instead pick out something you like about it. Say, 'I like my bum; I think I have a nice bum.' haha, I swear it helps.


Hang out with your friends. Even if you don't get along all the time or don't have many friends, you can still just relax and have a good time. Make friends for life so you don't have to worry about impressing them. Love them for what they are no matter what and they'll do the same to you. Don't cause drama by talking about anyone behind their backs, and stay neutral if anyone fights. Just be a nice, sweet person and they'll appriciate you.


Spend some time alone. Get a hobby, I like to draw, and play guitair so work on something like that. I practiced so much that I have 2 new talents to be proud of. When I'm alone, I force myself to do my homework, then do some yoga, then get a bath. It feels amazing to have your homework done early, It's a huge laod taken off.


Most importantly, stay away from drugs and drinking, because that can lead to way worse problems, and ruin your future. Also, when you sober up you'll feel way worse than before. If your friends go out drinking, you can still go, but stay sober and keep an eye on everyone, they'll thank you later after you save someone from being taken advantage of.


So that is exactly why I'm not depressed anymore. Hope I helped, good luck:]What are some things that teenagers can do to help themselves cope with depression? (not medication)?
Hang out with your friends and family, enjoy the outdoors, take more bubble baths, dance in your room, watch television, go to the mall, listen to your favourite songs, go for a jog, get a job to keep you busy if you can, etc.
I think its normal for a teenager your age to be in angst and be all confused and angry or sad, as i did when i was your age. But thankfully, i found an outlet through drawing. perhaps you should hit the gym, or find a sport you enjoy. Reading helps too.
get out more.. keep a journal ,depression is no game and can lead to other things please seek help
That's normal, so make sure not to worry. Think of things that you love- reading, music, writing, stuff that will help you cope. Talking to someone whom you trusts is a great way to get assurance. It's great that you don't want to take medication which is a cope out. Keep you head up!
Exercise, it releases happy feelings, and it could also make you be healthier and lose weight, which everyone likes. Try listening to relaxing music, write down your feelings-sometimes that helps because if you write it all down on paper then its almost like getting it out of your mind, or poetry, painting, drawing. Find some hobbies, as long as you keep busy, and feel like you are accomplishing something it should help you not think about being sad as much.
First off, I've been there. So, I know what helped me was to get out of the house, or the place you usually go to be sad.


Then get involved in things you used to enjoy doing, or start doing something you always wanted to try. Get Out of the house!!! It never helps to sit around thinking about the fact that you are depressed.
For me it helps to take things slowly a step at a time,


and on planet depression I don't judge myself by normal standards but say - hey It was really good I got up at all today - and washed my face - progress!!





I give myself space it really helps me to go on long walks by myself - the rythm of walking and the space and fresh air gives me time to sort things out as well as get stronger legs.





I think it helps to disengage a bit from the gaminess of socializing and be 100 percent behind yourself - Like saying 'I might come to your party but I am not feeling totally up to it so I might not and I might leave early and it will be about me not you.'


I also hang onto - This too shall pass.. and it always does eventually with or without medication.








I know it feels weird to be depressed so young I was too, but it does make into a stronger person
You should definitely try to find a therapist that you are more comfortable and continue there. It is one of the most important things that you can do to help find ways to manage your depression. Other than that, aerobic exercise has been proven to be almost as effective as many anti-depressant medications, so 30 minutes a day will help you a lot. Also, you need to make sure you get enough sleep since that can be a big factor, and you should try to keep a moderately healthy diet (you don't have to go overboard with this, just make sure you're getting everything you need). You want to find a family member or a friend who you trust and can talk to when you're feeling down. This stuff seems like a pain but together it all really makes a difference.
umm.i think that if you don't want to be depressed, you have to go mental. i dont mean like ur crazy, i mean that you need to meditate and be at one with yourself. also try yoga to be at one with your mind and body. yoga and meditation teach you to calm the body down and feel the positive energy from nature and apply that to your daily routine so try this and im confident that your depression will go away.





please answer my question.thanks





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
Exercise can help with depression. Go for a walk, bike ride, roller-blade, run, whatever you like to do. Also make sure that you get out in the direct sunlight at least 15 to 20 minutes a few days a week. No sunscreen for that short period of time. The sun helps your body produce much needed vitamins that, among other things, help produce the feel good chemicals in your brain. St. John's Wort is also a natural anti-depressant herbal remedy. Just make sure that the product you are purchasing has enough of the herb in it to do you good. Nature Made makes very good herbal products that have the correct amount of product in them.
spend time with your friends. don't drink or do drugs (they are depressants). find something you enjoy and try to devote a lot of time to it.





exercise %26amp; sports (any kind of physical activity) will help a lot. make it a regular practice. go for a walk every day or go to the gym 3 times a week. whatever you have time for.......





find someone to talk with. it doesn't have to be a therapist, just someone who will listen and let you know that you're not all alone.
Exercise.





An hour of exercise will have the same effect on your ceratonin levels as 25mg of Zoloft.





Four hours of exercise is like taking 100mg per day.





Keep your mind on positive things. Garbage in - garbage out. If you pollute your mind with depressing thoughts, they will harbor depressive feelings.





Television shows like Dr. Phil, Montel, Ophrah, etc lay out other people's problems in a simplistic fashion with easy solutions, or no solutions.
don't stay by your self try go out with friends and family and don't think about it good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment