Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Should teenagers work part time while they are in high schools/collages?

I'm referring only to teenagers whose families do not need them to help the parents financially, or those whose parents can afford to put their children through high schools/collages.I would like to hear the views,opinions of teenagers,parents,adults who had worked as teenagers and those who had not.What are the benefits/ the drawbacks?Should teenagers work part time while they are in high schools/collages?
Yes, it helps them to learn responsibility, money management, and independence.


I worked as a teen in high school and in college as well. If your taking hard classes though it is better to consentrate on school, or if you struggle with learning, don't work. Instead take tutoring lessons and attend study sessions.


There are also volunteer jobs that look great on your resume while helping your community.Should teenagers work part time while they are in high schools/collages?
i think working does teach teens to be more responsible but if they already have too much in their hand,i don't think they should work.they're gonna be tired and stuff.they can just use the extra time they have for working to just help their parents or siblings.you know,once you have real work and get out of the house,you will not have much time to do everything together.so,spend as much time as you could with your family.
I did from the age of 16 in high school and through university.


My parents paid for everything I needed. I worked for the extra clothes I thought I needed (really just wanted) and other extra's. My parents did however restrict the hours I was allowed to work as to not interfere with my school





I taught me that nothing comes for free and value earnings and money. But also gave me a further boost to stay in school as I did not want to do that work for the rest of my life
Drawbacks? Might be lack of time for hobbies, friends and will interefere with family functions. Believe me! One time my boss called me back (Mind you, it was Christmas) and I was 2 hours away with my family having dinner. She called and ordered me back because I didn't ';book it off'; when clearly I did. So I drove back, turns out they FOUND SOMEONE? My gosh, that job brought stress into my life. Thank God I quit.





It teaches responsibility and punctuality. Manners and respect along with learning and appreciating the value of a hard earned dollar.
If they want to have their own stuff then hell yes they should work. Parents who give their teenage / college age children everything are being irresponsible parents. I'm not saying cut them off but don't give them the credit card either
I worked every summer from the age of 15 and I think if I had it to do again, I would just enjoy the three months off every year to hang with my friends at the beach. At the time, I was in a real hurry to be an adult and I think I missed out on the last couple of years that I was allowed to be completely carefree. I'm not sure I realized that I would never have the option to take the summer off and not worry about anything other than getting an even tan. Before you know it, working becomes something you have to do rather than something you choose to do.
see according to me its not necessary to work only if u cannot afford


lets i work coz my parents say dat it would help me learn the value of money n i really enjoy workin so i thnk u should work its nothin bad u should quit workin whle ur examzz r near dis is wat i do
Yes, teenagers can work while they are in high school/college. Because, they can get some money whil ethey are in high school/college.
I worked steady part time,(30-50 hrs/wk) since the age of fifteen.Through high school and collage.I learned work ethic at the proper age.Our family had sufficient in-come for all our needs,but we had to buy our stereo system,car,date money,jewelery.I also played football,track,and baseball.


Since my first adult job,I have been told that I work very well.I am a leader.I feel that quality is from working at a young age.


Staying out of trouble and learning responsibility is only part of the benefits from working at a young age.


A parent who buys everything for their child to show love is harming them.It is selfish on the parents part.


You want to show love?work and save and will it to the children.
A teenager should work.It will give them a jump start on working for what they want.Instead of having it handed to them.they can buy there own car.or if theparents buy the car the teenager can have his or her gas money.

No comments:

Post a Comment