Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Is anyone else sick of the media branding teenagers as BAD?

I for one am.


Yes, a small minority of teens may do damage to the world and give us a bad name, but it does not mean that all teenagers have to be treated and view as 'bad' we work hard, are helpful and are only living our lives. I would like to focus on the GOOD things that teenagers do.


Anyone agree?Is anyone else sick of the media branding teenagers as BAD?
The media likes to encourage discrimination, just ignore it, you know your well behaved so just leave them to it.Is anyone else sick of the media branding teenagers as BAD?
Pfft screw the media.


Who cares what they say. We all know that all they want is a story that people will listen to. They portray everyone as bad.


If a celebrity is caught without makeup it's a total disaster - according to the media.
I am not a teen and haven't been one for a very long time. When I was a teen the media labeled us as the worse teens of all time. We could not do anything right. It was then as it is now a very small proportion of teens that cause trouble. I don't think that the media understands that the majority of teens are great and never cause society or their parents a minutes worry. I don't think the media has ever understood that.
To me the fact that teens have been supporting Obama gives me great hope for the future. The fact is that the older generation has really messed things up for the country and the world, and it will take your generation (or the next) to fix it. I know that teens have the reputation for being only about games and silly things but when you come right down to it, every generation has been lost in petty things and your generation has shown a remarkable ability to see the world with fresh eyes and embrace positive change that we need in this world. You have the power to change the world and as you mature, you will do so.
It's that crappy music you guys listen to that has us against you.
I Am !





one teenager does bad they label us all !!


the other day i went to help an old lady carry her bag and she shouted at me and tried to chase me with her walking stick !!! :O:O
anyone can be good or bad depends on the personality
If it was a small minority that was bad you wouldn't even be in the media. The fact that you are in the media is proof enough that a lot of you are bad. You go around in your hoody's and cap in gangs causing mindless vandalism and assaulting old people.


I see videos of you lot causing severe cruelty to cats and other animals by throwing them of high buildings and shooting swans.


You cause that much crime and get away with it due to your age as the police do nothing to stop you.


I will never trust you teenagers and it would be in all your best interest to not even approach me.
Their brains are not yet fully developed so they cannot make logical long range decisions. Their thinking is generally limited to short range goals. This is usually thought of as just being stupid, not bad. As their brains develop though, they usually turn out OK.
i do. i know that so much people look down on me because im not an adult, and other teens do bad things, but it depends on how YOU want to act and not your age. bad people are all ages.
im mad they are blaming everything once again on single parents,
I don't pay much attention to the media. I stopped wasting my time around 7 years ago, and now I find that my life is much happier. Sometimes, if I work with westerners, they think I'm a little strange because I don't understand the latest story about the prime minister of my country - but for me, it's nothing to do with my life. It was not really very relevant when I lived there, and even less so now - I base opinions upon my own experiences and have no problems with any age group, but often find that people who are OLDER think that it makes them superior.
Bad behavior always gets more publicity than good behavior, because there's more good behavior out there. So when a teen does something stupid, it's going to come up.





That said, there is plenty of news out there about the good things kids do -- raise money for causes, get good grades, volunteer, etc. Those stories just don't come with loud headlines, such as ';Teen car crash kills four.';
I think almost anyone would agree. The problem is the media portray everyone as good or bad as a whole, not just teens. It sucks, but all you can do is prove YOURSELF to be otherwise and promote other teens to do the same. At least you won't be a teen forever.
Its been going on since the Greeks at least. Almost certainly for as long as there have been societies.





The teenage years are a process of separation from parents -calling for rebellion. If oldies weren't calling teenagers bad or nuts or generally disapproving of them, the teenagers would be forced to even wilder extremes to get oldies to do so. Teens then can feel validated as 'different' and therefore independent from their parents.





'Teenagers' don't do good things or bad things, people do. 'Parents' don't get much of a rap for the good things they do either. Even 'people' get publicity for bad rather than good usually.





Your generation will be the next to complain about the different behaviour of teens.
get over it.would you prefer being branded as good?
I completely agree.


Teenagers get portrayed as ruthless thugs and are all stereotyped.


There are more ';good'; teenagers than ';bad'; teenagers around and it annoys me too!
I'm actually sick of the media branding us teens as mindless sheep who walk around sans panties or start smoking cigarettes and having sex because all the starlets are doing it (Paris anyone?) or we see it in movies.





I haven't seen any of the media really outright saying kids are BAD, or even mindless as i stated; it's just a lot of words being thrown around like ';role models'; and ';negative influence';
ok ok they are not bad just most of them are stupid. but they should grow out of it.
yeh im tenager n i think its stuped how media sez we r dumb n stuff i thin we need more firemen to suport local blakc ppl


godoluc k
well im 20, but even when i was in my teens, i couldnt argue it





i mean, i've seen and heard some things that us teenagers have done, and its digusting





especially some of the stories i hear now with teenagers, it seems to get worse and worse every generation





i think dont think its a small minority of teens that do damage, i think its a big chunk, but then again it depends on your definition of ';bad';





promiscuous sex, drug use, pregnancy, etc etc





to me, those things are ';bad';, and i think more teenagers participate in things like that than those who dont

No comments:

Post a Comment