Monday, December 28, 2009

Adults, what do you guys think of teenagers today?

Just curious since I am 15 and constantly hear how this generation is out of control, so I am just wondering what you think.


Are we immature? Are we out of control'; And anything else you want to express about teenagers these days!!Adults, what do you guys think of teenagers today?
Teenagers today aren't a whole lot different than teenagers when I was one. You still have many of the same issues and struggles that we went through. And I do find it funny that so many 80's songs are remixed and 80's movies redone and even toys from when I was a kid are being sold again. I laugh out loud when teenagers don't realize that this has happened... actually had a teenager tell me about this new band they heard... called ';Aerosmith';.





But teenagers were having sex and having babies 20 years ago. They were doing drugs. They were struggling with cliques and trying to ';fit in';. They were worried about the future and the world they will inherit someday. They were motivated and wanted to make a difference.





Think we dressed better, though. The sagging jeans thing... that's all you guys.





ETA: Check out the movie ';Breakfast Club';. It was an 80's icon movie and still very relevent to teenagers today. My teens loved it.Adults, what do you guys think of teenagers today?
I think it's unfair to categorize the whole teenage population as being ';out of control.'; Sure, there are some teens now-a-days that are out of control, but there are also some adults that are out of control. I think there is a lot of irresponsibility among teens, but that's always been the case. Teens always think they are more grown up than they really are, and they make more adult decisions than they should, but it's all a learning process, and a very important part of your development into a responsible adult. I think teens should be more motivated to educate themselves about important issues such as sex, world news, political issues, etc.
I'm the mother of two teens, 19 and 16. I don't think they are irresponsible at all. It's all about parental involvement, education and what type of crowd they hang around with. If the parents are dumb enough to just let their teen run around wherever they want, whenever they want, don't stress the importance of homework and helping others, than its their own fault if their child is considered ';out of control';. And at 15 you are immature as far as experience vs. years, but maturity only comes with age and experience. I wouldn't expect my 16 year old to be mature enough to run a household by himself. I want him to concentrate on being a kid because that experience shouldn't be missed either. Real life starts pretty fast these days, savor being a kid while you can!
I have three teenagers. They are 19,15 and 13. They are not out of control. They have been brought up right and know how to act. Can they be a pain sometimes sure but so can I. I do not think that most of today's teenagers are out of control and the ones that are have been permitted to be. Kids will do what they can get away with. I think the real problem lies with some of today's parents.
For the most part, teenagers are typical teenagers, mostly good with a few bad ones. When I was a teenager, we were still doing things behind our parent's back, disobeying teachers, talking back, getting pregnant, having sex, etc. The only thing teenagers are doing now that they weren't doing 20 years ago is posting things to the internet (and that's only because we didn't have it).
Depends on behaivor and attitude.








ALL teens have an attitude wether they know it or not. Thats a part of life. Cursing for teens is normal but to an adult or teacher is uncalled for. Sex is out of most parents hands. All teens will have mood swings, attitudes, slam doors, kiss boys, sneak out, stay out past curfiew. Well sneak out has its range but teenagers are getting in hormones. I am starting to get grey hair L0L from stress. My boys probally curse, sneak out, they play football so im pretty sure they kiss girls, and they party. They also have mood swings and the YOUR RUINING MY LIFE, or YOUR SO EMBARRASSING....well teens will be teens and everyone was once one.








Hope this helps :))
Disrespectful to adults. They think they are our equals. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Immature? Yes. Out of control? Yes.


So to answer.
they forgot what is like to be a teenager
Who cares !?! Just stay off my lawn !

No comments:

Post a Comment