Thursday, January 21, 2010

Are all teenagers just too smart for their own good?

They always do dumb things.Are all teenagers just too smart for their own good?
No, not all teenagers are like that. My sister is very sweet and quiet and obedient and respectful. It really points back to parents. Those raised by dumb parents will most likely be dumb.Are all teenagers just too smart for their own good?
I think most teens are of average intelligence and not as smart as they think. Having been a teen I recall clearly thinking I knew it all; when It was my perception telling me this and not true.


As a teen, around 1970, I felt I knew about as much as I ever thought I'd need to know, I had it all down...Right...37 years later I realize how little I know today and how very little I knew then.


A teen today can tell you it's ok to drive around at night with friends and they will not have trouble; a parent will see it different based on what they have learned; Parents know, as they have done it and seen the results that can occure; a teen can be clueless that one beer in a car means that ';it's now ok'; to do this, what's next a parent thinks; Logic indicates the game of roullette has started and it is now possible, if not probable, that thier kid is heading for serious trouble; you could never have told me this in 1970 as I ';knew, 100%, that I'd never crash, or have a dummy friend crash....or get arrested;;;yada...yada....and I was 100% wrong as it All happened and I was lucky not to get hurt and have to live in a wheelchair forever...


Having the perception of ';being smart'; and not needing the advice of someone who has been there is far different than a truly intelligent person (teen or not) as they have the intelect and inteligence to Listen to experience from the Old ones...the know it all teens must learn for themselves, to bad too, as the lessons learned are never cheap.
Let's stop using teenager and call them what they are...children. With this in mind...they are rarely too smart for their own good.
Weren't we all teenagers? I did some pretty dumb things then. My hair stands on end when my children tell me the things they did when they were young! Thanks goodness we are now mature and know what life is about.
Teenagers are too stupid and conformist for their own good.
That's the gist of it.
From what I see of the questions being asked on this site by the kids of today, I don't think they are too smart at all. In fact, they appear to have an overall lower level of basic knowledge than the rest of our society. While they are exposed to more information, they seem to be unable to make the connections to enable them to use it in a productive way. They have a vast amount of information available to them but most don't take the time use it. Too smart for thier own good? I hardly think so.
Not at all... If they were smart they would be living on their own, paying their own way, handling their own legal issues, and certainly not aquiring all this debt they seem to be getting into... Too smart? NO WAY !!





Everyone does dumb things... The teens simply get put under a microscope for about 7 years.
Most of the time YES!! I work with teens all day and they are a pain in the *** big time. I have about 1 or 2 sweet ones.
theyre smart but they havent earned it yet, thats the reason behind all those dumb things that they do, let them find out how smart they are
Yes, most are.


Juveniles commonly make immature unwise decisions.
I wish I could go back and slap my teenage self for thinking that
In my recent experience, teenagers are just too darn ignorant and too far up their own butts for their own good!
we are teens. sometimes dumb things are just plain out fun to us. come on give us a break
On defence of all teens, I agree that some are truly dumb and stupid and pig-headed but not all of us are like that. Some teens are actually smart, sensible and level-headed. You can't accuse teens of always doing dumb things just because of a few bad apples. Let's face it, adults do dumb things too, yes?
No. Quite the opposite... but they do THINK that they are too smart for their own good. ...





';y go 2 skul f u alredy no evrythin?';
Remember that you used to be one of those teenagers doing ';dumb things';.
They do dumb things because thay think they know it all and see nothing wrong with what they are doing.
Yes they are. And dumb things they do, and we all do is our own learning experience. But most teenagers do have biggest head, and they almost can't fit through the door. But later in their life, they will feel the same way as we do about the teenagers. Life cycle goes on forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment