Saturday, January 23, 2010

Is Anxiety More Common In Teenagers Than Adults?

im 16 and i have bad anxiety i think about the universe all the time and cant stop i have crazt thoughts that freak me out and i worrie about dumb things. i never use to be like this but i told my mom and she said its common but i dont no...none of my friends have it that i no of, and im going to a doctor in a mounth.





but is this common?





have any of you had this when you where a teenger?





what can i do untill i go to the doctors?Is Anxiety More Common In Teenagers Than Adults?
I think everyone has these thoughts, just some people know how to ignore them, or just not think about them and they go away. I think it's normal at your age, I had that when I was 16 even younger, and I got put on meds, and I think they messed my chemicals up big time...So, don't let the doc force pills on you, try to find an alternative route.


P.S. there's nothing wrong with having the ability to think beyond what ';normal'; people think. You are just more receptive and a deep thinker. Keep on thinking, but don't WORRY about the dumb things! They will hold you back from success someday...Is Anxiety More Common In Teenagers Than Adults?
Well i'm 16 too and I get compulsive thoughts and theres nothing ';wrong'; with me and I do think about the universe and if there is something after death, ect but at least you don't get compulsive thoughts about people you don't like or hate because that happened to me and seriously it is the worst torture you can imagine because i felt like unless I did something bad to them it would ruin my life. And I never had even thought i'd ever see a phsycologist until last year and now ive been to like 100 appointments and still have anxiety but I just worked out recently that part of the problem was that I kept thinking of stuff to tell the psychologists all the time incase one idea I had would give them the answer to my problem but seriously they aren't that good for listening to my imaginative explanations so I KIND OF REALISED JUST THE OTHER NIGHT THAT THE KEY TO GETTING RID OF THIS DEPRESSIVE STATE IS TO HAVE A STATE OF MIND OF NOT THINKING ABOUT IDEAS AND THOUGHTS OR ANYTHING THAT DOESNT HAVE TO DO WITH THE SMALL GOOD THINGS OF REALITY IN YOUR LIFE, IT DOESNT MEAN DON'T THINK, JUST STOP THINKING OF REASONS FOR WHATEVER YOU ARE OBSESSING ABOUT BECAUSE IT DOESNT MATTER, THANK YOU
I would say that anxiety is much more common in ';adults';. Whilst being 16 may appear hard for you, it is a stage we all go through..


Becoming a teenager has many downfalls, hormonal changes, a time when we should give though, consider where we would like to go with our education..


These are things that have all been through, we were excepted to just accept these changes as normal, which in fact they are..





Although teenage years have never been easy for any generation, we now have much more understanding of what is happening hormonally.


All I can say to you is, yes much of what you are feeling, is not so much different from what our generation felt..


The difference is we never expected anyone to notice or help us..


We accepted that is is life, this is called growing up..





I do realise there may be more pressures on your generation of teenagers now.


All I would like to say to you is..


When you see your doctor, explain just how you feel..


Your thoughts, your worries..


Take care not to get involved in drugs..


There will be no help there...


Always talk to your mom, as you seem able to do that..


I'm sure your mum is a good source of information..





Try to keep in mind, all teenager feel something similar to you..


We've all been there..


It's a time of adjustment.


Things will sort themselves out soon...


Hope this helps you a little...
normally anxiety become from childhood then it remain in teen age


appeared sever in age after 30
  • highlight
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment