Thursday, January 21, 2010

How much do teenagers eat? I went shopping yesterday and it's nearly all gone!?

Holy cow! Another mystery of the universe!





Some days they are never ending black holes that consume everything in sight while simultaneously using their x-ray vision to forage edibles out from behind locked cupboard doors.





In my experience, boys are worse - but girls have their Dorito downing days too!





For your sake, I hope they at least clean up after themselves and try to hide the evidence. (most of the time mine don't)How much do teenagers eat? I went shopping yesterday and it's nearly all gone!?
Amen! I feel your pain. One of mine actually gets up in the middle of the night and gulps down all the milk and eats another meal!How much do teenagers eat? I went shopping yesterday and it's nearly all gone!?
I'm still wondering the same thing.lol
Did your kids go from 8 to teens over night??? Im sure its been a progression... doesnt matter that you went shopping yesterday, aparently you didnt get enough food. Teens eat pretty much non stop if they are active... If getting the food is up to you, your going to have to get about 6 times what you got yesterday to make it a week. GOOD LUCK!!!
Teenage boys eat a ton. They do it whether they're hungry or not. I know of people who lock their cabinets for snacks and only let the kids stock up on three, four, five helpings at dinner of the healthy stuff. My mom used to go through food at lunchtime like crazy. I'm not sure if your kids can drive and leave campus to come home for lunch sometimes or not, but my mom and 3 others would each prepare a meal for a group of 4-6 boys every week. Some did taco meat, etc, others did meatballs, sloppy joes, pizza, casseroles, spaghetti, shredded pork sandwiches, etc. They also would each prepare a dessert for the boys. Most of these meals were something that could be prepared and kept on low in the slow cooker all morning so working moms could feed them, too. That way the boys were only eating out once or twice a week instead of every day. They loved having something different every day to look forward to.
My step grandson can eat seven shredded wheats in one sitting, no wonder the packet empties in two days.He is 6ft7inches though, so I guess he needs it.
well they may be growing or they may be on drugs that give them the munchies!!!


have a word with them and tell them it got to stop, of if they do want to eat that much they they need to help with the shopping and put some money into it if they can.


put ur foot down cos it costing u money
The food, the cooking and the teenagers are under your control so you must be doing something wrong.
usually their own body weight a day. Roughly
Did no one tell you they have bottomless pits for stomachs.When i look at how big thier meals are i am amazed where they put it all.I can't remember being like that but then we were poor and a good meal was a small dinner and loads of bread to fill up on.There was no going to the cupboard for anything else because there wasn't anything else!
They eat what their pocket book allows from their part time job! Damn teens will eat you out of your own home!! They are like rats!!!!! :)
I have 3 sons and 2 daughter as well as 3 step children. I swear they all have hollow legs. What ever food I buy it all goes.
you really answered your own question-they eat a LOT! I have a 12, 11, and 3 yr old and it seems like I have to buy more and more every time I do my weekly shopping to keep from running out of stuff before my next trip. Just buy as much as you can staying within your budget and tell them that's it for the week-you run out, you just run out! (If they snack a lot like mine do!)
i have teenagers myself and 1 thing i can promise you is that they eat for absolutely no reason 75% of the time.


i actually had to put a lock on the freezer to keep us from running out of food so quickly


i honestly believe that they think we get the food from the store for free


i don't think there's any advice in this area but if you come up with something let me know, please
They can eat an enormous amount of food, especially snacks. I've actually had to ';hide'; snacks from my 14 year old daughter, because if I didn't, she would pig out on chips, cookies, icecream, soda, etc...I encourage her to eat healthy, but I do buy snacks, for her to eat only occasionally.
that big fat ghost must travel from my house to your house, have you seen him yet, no-one ever does. but he is realy good at making food dissapear, especially things i have hid..
They love to graze,I try to make sure theres pently of fruit.
My poor mom had 4 teenagers in the house at one time and 3 of them were boys! Talk about eating a lot.





How she managed on a tight budget I'll never know. I just know we didn't go out to eat and everything was homemade.
How old are your teenagers? Maybe they have the munchies!
This is so life at my house. The biggest attraction is cereal, two late teenagers and it takes one night to eat a box of cereal that is meant to last the week!


Think of it this way; if you don't buy it, they can't eat it!
don't be surprised.... all teenagers pig out!
we eat a lot! are you new at parenting teens? we go thru stages and grow a lot so therefore eat a lot. especially boys!lol
i eat a banana and dinner.
As long as there is food in the house they will snack forever. I do the same thing and it mostly is because it is there and i like it. plus it gives me sometihng to do.
They are growing like weeds at this stage and it takes a lot of fuel to keep them going.





Make sure you keep healthy food around and not junk. This way they are at least getting good stuff when they pig out.

No comments:

Post a Comment