Saturday, January 23, 2010

How can we say that teenagers are wiser than their forefathers?

Science and technology is the main reason why teenagers are way ahed than their forefathers. This difference in minds is attributed to generation gap between themHow can we say that teenagers are wiser than their forefathers?
cause some of our forefathers were racist pricks... that caused distruction and did not care about human rights


.I agree... we are to a certain exten wiser.How can we say that teenagers are wiser than their forefathers?
Nonsense. My teenage kid wouldn't have the vaguest idea how to repair a broken hard-drive, or write a line of code, or operate any of the dozens of programs I make my living with.





She wouldn't know how to fix a car, an electrical circuit, a lawnmower, and if you put a powertool in her hand, havoc would ensue.





She can't play a musical instrument, doesn't read anything but lightweight current pop fiction, and if she had to survive on her own in the wilds she would be squirrel bait in a day.





I love her with all my heart, but these things are true.





This has been pretty much true of every other teenager I've encountered.





Even she knows she is not wiser than the adults around her.





Your generalization is not very useful.





Perhaps you think that just owning an iPhone makes you technologically savvy. It just means your parents bought you something. Sorry; that's the simple truth.





Experience really does teach, aging is a good and important thing, and the young always foolishly think they know more than adults.





I know, I was young, and I get it now.





______





edit for poster below:...about my daughter's inexpertise? Yes, I try to teach her, not by rote, but by encouraging her curiosity and help her learn to learn. Critical thinking. But there are huge forces in her world that prevent critical thinking, such as the horrible crap they teach her, and all the things they DON'T teach her at school.
Well, univee I hope you are doing something about it...





---





Yes, the education in America could be a whole lot better
Yes but their ';forefathers'; have maturity and life experience that should be respected and not ignored. Technology may let us down one day, you know.
I didn't realize ';we'; were saying that.

No comments:

Post a Comment