Saturday, January 23, 2010

I recieved a gateway computer from a friend who had young teenagers?

Who had limewire on the computer....And now the computer is very slow and the taskbar where the time is the icons don't show up.....I have tried to restore but it doesn't do any good....I have no files that I want save on this computer is there anyway I can just take it back to when it was bought from the factory??? Its a desktop not a laptop....I recieved a gateway computer from a friend who had young teenagers?
Do you have the Windows XP reinstallation CD? If not, try getting one. When you first boot-up press F12, and boot to CD. Follow the in-screen directions to reformat your whole computer, making it run brand new.I recieved a gateway computer from a friend who had young teenagers?
Sounds like you need to reformat the hard drive. If the computer has a CD burner you can copy the I386 folder in Windows to a blank CDR disk and find out the reg key number with free software that's available on the net. Write down the reg key number as you will need it to install Windows again. Make a note of all devices named in Device Manager, video, sound, LAN card, Modem etc and get the drivers for them (also online and free). When you install Windows again it will erase all the data that you haven't saved (backed up). Good luck...I hope this helps.
sounds like you have a virus and re installing windows might be your only option you could try running the antivirus on the machine or load and try supreantivirus.com and see if that works befor you reinstall windows
ya if its still under warranty
  • star makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment