Thursday, January 21, 2010

Do many teenagers cheat on exams in High School?

I was just curious to know if many teenagers cheat on their exams. I would also know what really high school in the USA is like-really- how is it?Let's just say I didn't go to High School.Do many teenagers cheat on exams in High School?
High school in the US is a popularity contest: who can have the cutest bf/gf, who can make the cheerleading squad/football team, etc. I enjoyed high school, I had friends, I'm not trying to be cynical, but it was always about who was the most popular flavor of the month. Kids cheated all the time on exams, I did too (mainly on homework), it didn't seem to be a big deal. I regret it now though, I should've just learned the info then b/c now I'm in college and don't know how to do somethings I should've learned in high school! Hope that all makes sense.Do many teenagers cheat on exams in High School?
You wouldnt believe how easy it is to cheat on exams nowadays in high school. Trust me, I'm in class right now. High school now is full of cliques and all kinds of people that conform to stereotypes, but there is also so many friendships to be made, and hearts to be broken. It's fun I guess, but some of the work can be really hard.
I doubt if many teenagers are even motivated to cheat these days.
in the school i went to failing was not an option


what did you do to ensure you did not fail and not get a ';C'; you cheated.
i always cheated on exams either by writing it on my leg when i wore a skirt or by writing the answers on my book cover or just by looking off a friends paper...
yes a lot do overall but not get caught.
IF teens are cheating, then that might explain why the Chinese are smarter than them when the Chinese don't cheat because their brains may be wired differently, not just because of culture or understanding the material taught, but also because they have more opportunities to succeed than most teenagers in America. Teens may cheat in High School. I hardly ever tried, but I recall Teachers checking our hands and making sure we aren't wearing hats, also checking our desks and notes to make sure we aren't cheating. Exams is one thing, and plagarism is another. We do not teach teens to cheat, but rather we encourage them to apply their knowledge as they best can through testing of the material learned. Self-esteem is what causes teens to cheat. If they have poor self-esteem, then they do not feel confident enough to get a good score on an exam, and thus, those who have good self-esteem do better on tests without even thinking of cheating. We desire to teach and encourage teens to have better self-esteem, so the problem is not cheating on exams, but whether or not a particular teenager has a good self-esteem, and sadly, most do not because of their parents and upbringing or because of a particular problem with a girl or a guy, peer pressure, drugs, alcohol, unwanted pregnancy, and the list goes on ... and instead of America condemning such behaviors, they should be encouraging improvement in acceptance and their self-esteem by giving them another chance to set things right. If not for children and teens, how will the world improve in the near future, because they are our future, they shall be the great leaders, surpassing even MLK, Gandhi, Mother Theresa, and so on, but Teachers need to change because their students are cheating and they do so because their teachers do not accept them when they condemn their behavior, thus, no one is to blame. I cannot point the finger here. Instead I will offer opportunites to improve.
yes some do but i dont think all of em do it depends on how the exams are u know the highschool in the usa is great espicially pemberton schools there crazy but it's a good school.
I did in high school under pressure of failing...a think most have at one point or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment