Thursday, January 21, 2010

Do you think food colouring are affecting children/teenagers to become so hyperactive? And seem ';naughty';?

Do you think there is a misconception in the behavour of NAUGHTY CHILDREN' when they are totally out of control, even though parents do instill discipline?





What do you think?Do you think food colouring are affecting children/teenagers to become so hyperactive? And seem ';naughty';?
Ya I believe this.... I see it in my son. If he has anything with red dye or orange dye (red is worse) he is crazy. It is hard for him to focus on anything.





I had read in a health magazine that it does have an effect, I stopped giving him these things.


I try to stay away from red and orange coloured pops and fruit punch juice. I do notice a difference.


Who knows what foods - do what? it changes all the time.


Some are good some are bad, this will change next week.


Now they say caffeine is good to give to kids with ADHD ??????????


Could the results be coincidence ????


or could these results vary from individual people?Do you think food colouring are affecting children/teenagers to become so hyperactive? And seem ';naughty';?
Absolutely not. Food coloring is basically just an inert dye that you mostly just sweat or excrete out. It has no scientifically proven affect on hormone levels, increase/decrease in blood sugars or other factors that cause changes in mood or behavior. Some people are allegeric to certain dyes though, but thats an allergic reaction, not an affect on behavior.





Things that affect child behavior are like sugars, caffeine, unregulated tv or video games, poor discipline, trouble within the family (like divorce or another child getting more attention than another) and psychological issues like ADD.
Yes- i like to think this Q was triggered from my recent Q- How do i teach my children to be respectful?





What annoys me the most is that my children have been brought up correctly. My son did not have juice until he was over 2, and then it was fresh OJ. Both of my children ARE NOT ALLOWED sweets. They have buttons now and then. When they have juice at others houses when i have forgotten to take it with me, they have a little drop just to colour the water.





When it comes to meal times i do not agree with chicken nuggets and all these foods that are shaped especially for children. I make my own foods for them and they love it. My children eat veg and like it!





But still i have difficult and naughty children, i beleive, as pointed out to me on an early Q i posted, that i am not spending enough time with them and too much time worrying about the house.





The problem comes when, i am a lone parent and i have NO help other than the nursery when i am at work any way. The only time i have to spend alone is when they are in bed and when i take time off work, and they still go to nursery!! xx





Thank you do much for your Q! I know what i need to do, now i just need to get my butt into gear!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment