Saturday, January 23, 2010

Do you have any Study or Homework or Organiztion tips for teenagers ?

Regarding study and homework:





- Write down everything that it is you need to do in a diary, a homework planner (if your school gives you one) or even just a notebook.





- Try to work out a timetable for yourself for after school or on weekends. That way you can also schedule in any extra-curricular activities that you do, and also free time for yourself. If you wake up on a Saturday thinking 'Ok, I have to do my science homework, but that shouldn't take more than 30 minutes, then I can go and hang out with my friends for an hour, come back and study for my maths test for an hour and then the rest of the day I can do what I want', you're much likely to actually get work done than just thinking 'I have to do my science homework and study for my maths test today'. If you do that, you're either likely to not go and see friends and not get either of them done, or spend the whole day studying and then feel grumpy as you haven't got to do anything you want to do.





- Try to make it fun. Figure out what helps you to learn best, be it making notes, making brightly coloured mind-maps, trying to explain it to someone else (or even just a teddy bear or some kind of inanimate object), reading through what you need to know, recording it onto an mp3 player and then listening to it; and then do that! Studying with friends is fine so long as you stay focused on what it is you're actually meant to be studying and it doesn't turn into a 'study the latest gossip' session.





- Don't work for too long without a break. Your mind can really only work at its optimum level for about 40-50 minutes - then have a break for 10 minutes, get up, move around, have something to eat or drink. You'll go back to your work feeling a lot more refreshed and will be able to remember a lot more than if you hadn't taken the break.





With organisation:


This is something I find difficult as well, although I'm slowly getting better. Make sure that you have a routine, you have a timetable for when you're going to study, and that everywhere has somewhere to go.





- If you're given a lot of sheets at school, either stick them into your exercise books (if you have them) or have different coloured folders to put them in - one for each subject. Same for your notes - if you don't have exercise books, have one folder for each subject. Make sure you file your notes and/or sheets as you go along - don't make the mistake I always used to and think 'I'll do it later' - by the time I actually got round to it I had a huge pile of paper I had to file and had no idea what order they had to go in or what went where or anything. If you have more than one sheet/page of notes for one lesson, writing page numbers on each of them is a good idea if the order of them isn't obvious.





- Make sure everything has somewhere that it can go. The last thing you want is to be trying to remember what you've done with your biology notes when you urgently need to study for a test. It sounds obvious, but when you've finished using something, put it back!





- Don't leave things until the last minute! With homework and studying you will feel a lot more relaxed and your work will be better if you're not trying to do it the night before or even the morning of the assignment deadline or the test. Likewise, if you figure out what you are going to need for school the next day and pack your bag in the evening, it's a lot easier when you're half awake in the morning and likely to forget things.





Hope this helps.


xDo you have any Study or Homework or Organiztion tips for teenagers ?
Use your planner to write down all your homework assignments


Ask questions if you don't understand something (Don't be afraid to raise your hand)


Pay attention to the teacher don't talk or text or anything just pay attention


do your homework when you get home


don't wait till the last minute to start on projects


use a diffrent notebook for each class (or get a multi-subject notebook)


study for tests


eat healthy and sleepDo you have any Study or Homework or Organiztion tips for teenagers ?
I find that when I write down what I need to do, I feel less pressured and organized. I then work with what's the most important (what's due sooner) and then work with the rest.





After dinner, no more homework. After dinner is my time to relax and do what I want to do.
get them from ur friends. study when theres only tests, homeworks and projects just copy from friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment