Saturday, January 23, 2010

Should parents talk to their teenagers about sex?

Recently I read a study that suggests that fathers should talk to their daughters about sex. The study also suggested that parents should not be shy to be nude in front of their children. Daughters in particular should learn about sex, and male organs from their dad. Or else the study warned that they would learn it in more risky environments..Should parents talk to their teenagers about sex?
Simple solution: they will learn it from parents or they will learn from peers.





Peers will teach and only have knowledge of boyish/girlish ideas and the basics that we all fear for children to know: good sensation without consequence.





Need I say more?Should parents talk to their teenagers about sex?
Parents SHOULD talk to their teens about sex, the sooner the better! Once puberty starts, and even before, is when all the questions start to accumulate in their heads and they need to know the facts before they get any older and make bad decisions. It should be something that is openly discussed and not kept so hush hush bottom drawer. Sex is a natural part of life but also something everyone needs to be responsible about. Education is very important, and when I have children, I will make sure they know everything they need to know.
I think that it is part of our job as parents and the #1 most important teacher in our children's lives to make sure we educated them on all we can including sex. I don't think that daughters should necessarily learn from their dads because I know i would have hated talking to my dad about things like that but my mom and I always had open communication and she was great. I just feel like if we educate our kids at home we know what they are being taught and can keep the communication open in case something should happen but if they just learn from others they may not learn all they should and may feel like they can't talk to the parents which can cause more problems for them.
I don't think parents should talk to their teens about sex...they should be talking about it when they are even younger. I do agree you shouldn't be shy about being in the nude. It wasn't weird at my house for my brother and I to bath together ( til I was bout 7 and he was 4) after that I did see my dad naked. And my mom.


Also my mom started talking to me about sex from the age of about 11. Once my friends started dating (13) she was open with things. I never once was scared to ask my parents anything.


My dad also let me know the only reason he was so against me dating at first was because he was ';that boy';. My dad also made me promise that if I thought I was pregnant or anything was wrong I would tell him. Because I wouldn't just be taken are of myself I would taken care of his little girl and his grandchildd. I'm really glad my brother and I spent so much time together I think that really helped too. He stuck up for me when it came to dating and I did the same for him. We were both the first to know when the other lost their virginity.that'sts just how close we are.





More parents being open I think would cut down on alot of teen pregnancy and teens having ST D's's because if your never taught by your parents. You really don't know its wrong or what to do.
I started talking to my daughter about sex when she started getting curious (about 7-8). She was asking me questions that were about sex and she was trying to embarrass me and was embarrassed herself. (e.g 'Where do babies come from mummy?' 'From mummy's tummy sweetie' 'But how do they get there?' Giggle giggle.





She clearly knew but wanted to see how I would react, so I told her straight out. She says 'Yuck' every time I say the word sex but I keep telling her its just a word and I want her to be comfortable about talking about it with me.





Hopefully that way when she eventually considers having a sexual relationship (god help me, hopefully for not another 10 years or so!) she will feel comfortable enough to come and talk to me about it first.





I have no idea whether this will work but I'm hoping so!
I think parents shud talk to children about sex. Look at statisitics in Europe where Britain has highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe %26amp; was found to be the most prudish when it comes to both sex education %26amp; home %26amp; school. That way if u talk to ur child about it then they are more likely to come spk to you! x





Oh as for being nude in front of children, think there is a limit on that as it would get to stage where wud be embarrassing for child. x
talk yes, illustrate no





i'd be sceptical to such a paper...you sure its not written by someone siting in jail?





well at least if you are talking about teens of oposite gender, one thing is when they are small, but a 13 year old girl or older shouldnt be nude around her naked dad, or vise versa with son and mom. There comes such an age they are too old for that.
I've had the sex talk with both of my parents, and it's not a big deal (especially since they're both in the medical field). As for my dad, I'd rather not see him naked. I wouldn't care with my mom since we're both girls and she's the one who gave birth to me and stuff.
I know that when my son is of age we will both be talking to him about sex.





I think that the more honest you are the better. I'm not afraid to be nude in front of my son because there isn't anything sexual about it. It's just my body that God has given me. It doesn't matter what gender I am...
I think the parents should let their kids know if they have any questions that they CAN come to them. If you start talking about sex to them, they could just feels really awkward and close someone gates between you too. Letting your child know your there for them is the key =)
my parents never talked to me about sex. ever. it's a word that isnt even used in my house. i'm kinda happy that way though. i've never had the wrong ideas, i always just picked up a book and read up on whatever i wanted to know. of course that's just me, probably many other kids would not be doing that.
I personally believe that's what sexual education is for at school, it's more informative and teaches teenagers about STDs, condoms, sex, and puberty.
Yeah my parents told me nothin tho i just learned from yahoo answer hahaha the dictionary and friends and seeing yo parents naked wtf thats nasty i hate seeing my mom naked ewwwwwww i jus nasty im sorry
Absolutely, if you treat it taboo, then your more likely to cause problems.
i don't think children should see there parents nude.





and both parents should talk to their kid(s)
IDK.........~xoxo ally*
well i know about sex but i learned from my mom. i think it would be weird to have that talk with dad...
i wouldnt want to see my dad's package.
Parents shouldn't talk to their teens about sex, they should talk to their older children about sex. By the time they're teens they've already started the road of puberty and should understand their body's physical and emotional changes before it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment