Saturday, January 23, 2010

Do parents give their teenagers too much these days?

The majority of the young people I see these days all have nice, new cars, free cell phones, new clothes, and a wallet full on cash but surprise, surprise: most of them have no job and no responsibility.Do parents give their teenagers too much these days?
well taht depens n how bratty the teenager is and how strict the parent is. Give your kids something nice every once in a while, to make them happy, but too much makes them want more and more each day.Do parents give their teenagers too much these days?
I am a teenager. I will have to say it depends on the teenager and the parent(s). I live with my mom and she works all day (literally). Whenever I ask why she does that, she just tells me I don't appreciate anything and that I should shut up because she gives me anything I want. I hardly ever ask for anything and I don't like what she does either. Sometimes she gets me things that I don't even want; I think it's because she feels guilty for never having time to be with me. So, sometimes the parents try to spoil the child when the child doesn't want to, and other times the child likes it and takes advantage of it. Some people say that those who get what they want never learn anything, but I learned by myself that I don't need all of that stuff and I don't want it. I will not be spoiling my children for sure. I wish more of the girls in my school thought the same way, but they are just too spoiled. (Not all of them, but the ones who are, are complete ******.) Oh, and I don't like things normal teenagers care so much about, like designer clothes, or ipods, etc. even though my mom tries to force me to get them because they're ';cool.';
Yes, parents give much more these days. I didn't get any of those things when I was growing up. I had to pay rent to my parents (or board) and my first job went toward that. It wasn't much money but I was taught to be responsible and not rely on my parents.
I think that parents now a day just give, give, and give to there children and do not make them earn a damn thing. It's like you are only working to hand your pay check over to your child. What happened to the life style of teaching your children to earn the money, you do give them and nice things are for special times like birthday's and Christmas. I see that most of the time the parents don't want to deal with there children so they give them what they want to shut them up. That is not preparing them for the world . The world is an evil place where people are out to stick it to you and don't care if you have to live without food or power for weeks. Parents need to prepare there children for what we are having to deal with now. I myself had to buy my first car, my insurance, and gas every week. I also had to learn to take care of my money I earned and that was given to me. I thank my parents for showing me the right way instead of just giving it to me. I am 31 now and my house will be paid for in 6 years.Thanks to my parents for teaching me to be a responsible person. It's sad to see these children always keeping there hand out . Where do you think the united states will be in 20 years when there running the country. SCARY!!!
I tend to think yes, yes, yes. Since both parents usually work they have more money and less time so give the kids things they want and like them to keep in style and have what the other kids have.





However it will come as a big shock when they have to learn how much work it takes to earn the money to pay for things themselves. So parent giving so much is not doing them any long term favors in my opinion.
Yes.


Not just teens.


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
I once saw a girl of about 8 with a ';Coach'; purse. *roll of eyes* Parents create their own monsters.





My brother is a perfect example of this. He paid for his daughters 5 year college education in full only to find out that she had taken in excess of $20,000. in college loans to maintain the $150.00 haircuts and designer clothing he had spoiled her with while she was a teen. Do you think she learned any lessons by being given anything she desired? NOT A ONE!
It's either that or the teens aren't supervised at all.


Not just teens, maybe like...preteens too.





It's a very rare sight for me when I meet someone who has parents who actually give a damn.
Absolutely! A large majority of my college peers have everything you mentioned in your question. Not only are they spoiled, but they don't appreciate anything they own. They take advantage of their parents, and it's disgraceful. I see this especially with girls who ';play'; their fathers by calling them ';Daddy'; and acting ';cute.'; My peers expect their parents to buy them this or that as soon as they ask for it, and I think it's a shame.





A majority of my peers don't know the value of a dollar, and I'm very glad that my parents taught me this at a young age. I think that you should appreciate what you own and what your parents give you. It's their hard-earned money, not ours, and it's out of their kindness that they buy us something. It should be appreciated. Additionally, I think that making practical choices when shopping needs to be taught. For instance, do you *want* the $400 cell phone or do you *need* the $400 cell phone?





Bottom line: yes, a lot of children/teens/young adults are very spoiled today.
Yes! I think that is one of the worst things a parent can do. Buying your child out is not being a good parent! It will only set them up for failure and financial hardship! I find parents that do this quite pathetic honestly.
  • star makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment