Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why do activity levels of teenagers drop off after the age 12?

Well mine was 14 cause school gave me so much more work and was stressing me out, so I had to quit a sport I had played since I was 6 at a representative level JUST before getting chosen to play for my state =\ Sucked... I'm still one of the kids at school that enjoys sport and the country complains about obesity but I dont have time to play sport, and now that im in my last two years, sport isnt even compulsory so I have basically no chance.Why do activity levels of teenagers drop off after the age 12?
What she said plus the metabolism begins to slow down some. Also, usually the parents have low activity levels, so since the kid is starting to lose some energy from the lower metabolism, they turn to other things when they don't have someone to look up to.Why do activity levels of teenagers drop off after the age 12?
They get more involved in electronics, texting, TV, computer, talking on the phone, video games. They no longer do physical activity in the way that children do by running around and playing. They spend more time just sitting around and talking to their friends. They have more homework and chores so don't have as much time to move around. They get distracted by hormones, growing up, social problems, and being a teenager and forget to get off the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment