Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why do teenagers criticize older people for using old expressions?

A friend of mine had shown me something a friend of his posted in someone's myspace comments. The girl is 16 and commented on what my friend said about a guitarist he's a fan of. ';He said he's the man, that's taking a page out of my dad's book.';


I'm 48 and I never knew that saying ';He's the man'; is now an old expression until then.


I didn't know terms like ';owned'; and ';emo'; until I started using myspace.


He's 35 so I don't know what she expects.Why do teenagers criticize older people for using old expressions?
criticisism is generally a sign of ignorance or prejudice.Why do teenagers criticize older people for using old expressions?
Thankyou dear.

Report Abuse



I think this one works both ways, as older people sometimes criticise teens for using modern expressions. I think this is because each generation uses terminology that the others find difficult to understand. by the way, im 45 and still hear the phrase hes the man. i dont consider it old fashioned at all.





Why not ask her to explain what her phraseology means? Just explain that you find it hard to understand her when she uses certain words, and ask her to explain them.
Because like all of us did, they think they're the hippest, coolest thing to hit the planet. Someday


their stuff will be old and passe. Let them have their day in the spotlight, lord knows it's over way


too quick.
Because we can and we do and yer lol. Its just we develop our own customs and ways of doing things and then you come in and you hmmmm welll..........try to change it and i guess were at a very crytical time in our life.
Ignorance.
because they are old
  • star makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment